It can often take a while to find a home through EdIndex. Here are some other options that may be suitable for you.

Private Rent

Find out more about how to rent a private home. If you have a low income you may be able to get help to pay your rent through Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. It’s important to work out what you’ll need to pay before you move in, so you'll know if you can afford to rent the property. You can get advice from advice agencies throughout the city..

Mid Market Rent

The rent for mid market homes is usually higher than Council or Housing Association rent, but lower than private rent. This makes mid market rent homes more affordable to many people. A list of current providers and their available homes can be viewed here

Home Ownership

Find out more about the different schemes that may make buying a home more affordable for you. Acceptance onto the schemes will depend on your current circumstances.

House Exchange

If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant and you want to move you can register with House Exchange to swap your tenancy with another tenant who is also looking to move.

Armed Forces & ex-Service personnel

Whether you are beginning your career in the Armed Forces or have already left, this guide outlines your housing options.